What to know in cases of relationship crises

When you are in a relationship and things start to nose-dive,the next thing our instincts drive us to do is to talk to someone.Now,talking to someone in itself is not entirely bad because we are humans and it is just natural that you would want to discuss your issue with someone and get that person's opinion about what has happened.The mistake most of us make is that we decide to discuss these issues with our friends of the opposite sex and believe me,doing this is really bad.It is bad because instead of fixing things,it scatters it and what you think would help you(talking to someone)would only make your relationship worse.I'm not just saying this because it's what feel that's what would happen but because I've been there and I know that that is what always happen.The person of the opposite sex to whom you are relaying your problems gets the hint that you are down emotionally and then he/she tries to support you,care for you and unintentionally takes over the duties of your partner.Then,you start getting closer to this person and move farther away from your partner,eventually both of you fall out of line and bam! you ae dating your friend or supposed"counsellor".When I started having problems with my bf,I told a very close friend of mine,a guy all about it.I noticed his behaviour towards me changed.He always wanted to hold me and tell me things are gonna be fine and he smothered me.I hate being smothered and I told him.I told him needed space and I'm just gonna be fine on my own.Later,he told me he was in love with me ad knew immediately what was happening,I had started having feelings for him too but I can really conceal my feelings so I concealed my feelings and made him realize we could never date because I know if dated him,it might not last.Either ways,I didn't date him and we are still good friends and he even understands better now.So,if you are goin through a relationship crisis,it is better to talk to friends of the same sex but the best person to talk to friends of the same sex but the best person to talk to when you have problems in your relationship is your partner.It is difficult to do but it helps.Hope I've been able to help.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books for You This Lockdown Period

'Tis the Season of Generosity: Heartwarming Christmas Gift Ideas for Every Family Member

Sheila's Musings